New - help on GM MAF

Knowlden and/or Eller ke at clark.net
Mon Jun 14 21:46:48 GMT 1999

Hi everyone. I subscribed the DIY-EFI a couple of weeks ago. Yep, I have
been sittin' in the shadows watchin'just to get a sense of the community.
Have gotten a little bit of "sense" so I have spent some time searching the
archives. What I have been looking for is information on the GM MAF systems.
My searches (on things like "lv8", "filtered load variable", "MAF") have
produced some good information but of course I want more. I am building an
'89 Corvette targeted to be supercharged. I have rebuilt the engine and it
currently is basically stock, being the careful methodical person that I am,
I want to keep the number of unknowns to a minimum. Now I need to
understand, and be able to modify, the "control system". I have diacom and
promedit. I have found the base spark tables and have successfully "burned"
my own chips. I have uploaded to DIY-EFI ftp my memcal, APYP, ecm p/n
1227165, along with a description text file that includes the ".ecu"
parameters for what I know. What I don't understand is what the fuel tables
would look like, or if there even is a "fuel table". It seems to me that
with MAF I would need some kind of table of conditions  (i.e.WOT) and
desired a/f ratio but I don't know. Can anybody help me here? Can you
suggest reading material to help me understand how the gm MAF systems work
in theory and/or practice? Does anyone have a MAF memcal binary with known
offsets so I can see what the tables look like, or at a minimum a memcal for
a 305 MAF tpi with my ecm p/n? Not asking for much am I.

WOW is this long. Sorry.

Thanks for any help provided.

Regards,

Bob Knowlden