CSHQ update, and MAP EFI question

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Tue Jun 15 13:48:41 GMT 1999

Howday guys,
I spoke to Bruce last night, and he really misses
everyone.  Today is an important day for him.
His data and charts (no bins) will be reviewed
 by a board of docs at the hospital, as part of a
(never ending)screening process.  Let's cross our
fingers & toes and do the DIYEFI dance.   Bruce
sounded a little tired of the game, but assured me he
is being as optimistic as possible, and giving 110% when
they ask him for anything.  Airplane trips are VERY hard
on him, so the hope is that the docs vote to keep him
there, which indicates they are ready to transplant, but
simply waiting for a donor.  This is where I avoid giving
opinions on addressing needs of war vets vs. those of
hard-drinking actors & ex-sports stars who readily
get needed liver transplants.  uhh, oops!    8-)

EFI QUESTION:
Either Carl or another person mentioned the ability
to turn off a MAP system's fuel calcs at idle, and
have it ignore MAP input,  below a set RPM, injecting
fuel based on the RPM number at closed throttle, I'm
dealing with an slightly over-cammed big block
chebbie that doesn't idle well at all.  It has a 7730
ECM (that could be changed) and a 900 CFM Holley TBI
that has 4 big low pressure injectors on it.
Thanks for any clues.
Mike V. (always clueless)