Tuning continued...

Todd....!! atc347 at c-com.net
Wed Jun 16 23:31:33 GMT 1999

Had the same thing happen with plugs, swapped em all out, miss, popping,
all gone....

When testing theplugs outside the engine, they all sparked just GREAT!

Go figure!!

I'll NEVER look past the plugs and wires again, when troubleshooting a
miss/backfire/popping out the exhaust.

ALSO found out that a lean condition can result in popping out the
exhaust as well!!

Any technical expertise as to why this occurs?

You'd THINK that if the a/f ratio was lean, REALLY lean, that
predetonation would occur, however, it seems that the opposite is
true...

And the popping actually occurs out the exhaust!!

Maybe the mixture was SO lean that the spark couldn't ingite the mixture
whilst it was in the chamber but COULD once it was in a lower pressure
environment outside the chamber in the exhaust system???

Just a thought...

Great discussion on troubleshootin/tunin...

Keep it up!

Learnin a lot... as always....

LATER!

Todd....