93LT1: QDM1 & VATS/Fool it or reprogram?

eclark at the.hoser.com eclark at the.hoser.com
Mon Jun 21 21:20:00 GMT 1999

Things are finally getting set for my 93 LT1 swap into my '66 Impala.  In
the process I'm removing everything on Quad Driver #1, which I believe is
the EGR, EVAP, and AC Clutch.  What size resistors should I put in place
of these in the wiring harness?

And about VATS.  I have the resistor I used to fool vats for a remote
starter in the '93.  If I keep the vats system with the resistor on it, in
the future I could wire it to a car alarm.  Instead of having a starter
kill relay, it would cut the resistor to the VATS box.  I'm not sure if
there is any advantage to that.  Or I could say screw the whole deal and
reprogram the ECM to remove vats altogether.  Any thoughts?

I have every electrical component and wiring from the '93, so either way I
do it, its just my time.

--Eric
  '66 Impala 2dr HT