MAF & base fuel tables

W Johnson flying.chimp at juno.com
Wed Jun 23 13:01:33 GMT 1999

Guys,

I have a 89 Corvette and have been testing a stock MAF vs a TPIS Modified
MAF (has screens and heat sink removed). Diacom shows smaller air flow
numbers with the TPIS MAF. This makes sense because more area equals less
velocity which equals less cooling of hot wire. Problem is, LV8 along
with spark advance and other things are out of whack because of the
incorrect air flow numbers. Question is, does anyone know how to correct
the MAF tables? Is it correct to assume this is what needs to be done? I
would love to see what TPIS does with their eproms. Does anyone know?

Thanks,
Wayne Johnson