speed signal and DRAC

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Thu Jun 24 12:18:14 GMT 1999

> >> Hi I'm hoping some one can give me some info.I'm building a pulse generator
> >> with a 555 to make aake VSS signal. I order to feed this signal to the ECM
> >> do I have to go thru the DRAC (its a 7749 Syclone computer) or can I
> feed it
> >> directly to the ECM?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Nolan

The P4 paper (on the FTP site) describes two different types of speed
signal input to that ECM.  You need to know whether the original app
feeds the speed signal directly to the pcm, or to the DRAC first.  By
using Promgrammer and looking at a Typhoon calibration, it looks like
the Ty VSS isn't wired directly to the ECM.  My guess is DRAC output
is connected to the optical sensor input of the computer, DRAC output
being 2002 pulses per mile. Promgrammer is shareware, you can look
through your Syclone calibration for KAFOPT3 to see if the magnetic
speed sensor is enabled.  Best bet is to get a copy of the wiring
diagram for the Syclone.  Oh yeah, the DRAC is an A/D converter as
well as a frequency converter.
Shannen