GMECM Digest V1 #160 (VSS / DRAC)

Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com
Thu Jun 24 16:44:12 GMT 1999

The DRAC modules main function is to correct for tire size and gear ratio so
that the speedo reads correctly, I would think if you add the correct pulses
coming out of the DRAC( 2002 pulses per/mile) to the ECM VSS input you will
not need the DRAC. I have been trying to reverse engineer a AGM DRAC it has
7 spots for jumpers 3 are used in the AGM. I think all DRAC modules are the
same except when the jumpers are placed for a specific vehicle tire / gear
ratio then it gets its AGM or what ever designation.
             Please post the 555 circuit when you get it finished.    Thanks

Don