GMECM Digest V1 #162

Peter D. Hipson mail at darkstar.mv.com
Fri Jun 25 14:18:54 GMT 1999

The DRAC has multiple outputs. If you need, I can look up the pinouts for
the ones that I know about. I'd ignore the DRAC, since all it is for is to
compensate for tire size and differential ratios. Just feed your signal
directly into the ECM, and it *should* work! Remember, I mentioned that if
you just picked up the RPM's of the engine and fed that back to the ECM it
might work better as then the ECM would see speed increasing as engine RPM
increased. I suspect you will set a code if the speed doesn't change! <g>

At 10:30 PM 6/24/99 -0600, you wrote:

>>Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 20:25:53 -0400
>>From: "Peter D. Hipson" <mail at darkstar.mv.com>
>>Subject: Re: GMECM Digest V1 #160
>>
>>That is what a DRAC is... <g> Some GM vehicles use the DRAC to feed just
>>the speedometer, and the TCM/ECM is fed from another sender. Other vehicles
>>feed the output of the DRAC to the speedometer and the TCM/ECM. You need to
>>know which configuration your unit uses.
>>
>>Q: why not use RPM (Engine) to simulate the speed?
>>
>Hi Peter
>
>Thanks for replying!! My setup has one sensor so it must feed both the ECM
and
>speedo. So then do I feed it thru the plug into the DRAC? Also how would I
>simulate
>a signal using RPM?
>
>Thanks
>
>Nolan