ID this oldie....

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sun Jun 27 00:05:55 GMT 1999

Robert W. Hughes wrote:

> Just to quote some more numbers, I have a 1226026 from an 82 crossfire
> 305 in a Firebird and a 1226025 which is marked 83HO although I am
> pretty sure it was actually on an 82 carbureted 305 in a Firebird.

The 026 is originally from an 83 car.  The pinouts and connectors are
the same, so it will work.  The 82 ecm was a big, bulky box compared
to the 83 model, and the proms are not interchangeable.  This same ecm
(026) was used in some 4cyl tbi models.  What's the BCC of the prom?

The 025 seems to be a fairly common carby computer.

> Incidentally digital means represented by numbers, on/off or 0/1 means
> binary. Computers have been built using ternary (three states),
> bi-quinary (2 and 5) and several other odd variants.
Ya just had to stir up the mud, didn't ya. <g>
Shannen