ID this oldie....

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sun Jun 27 00:33:11 GMT 1999

Ross Myers wrote:

> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Came across a 1225550 ECM the otherday, looks like a very early C3,
> anybody
> >> know it's application?. It uses the 16021633 CPU.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Ross Myers
> >Ross, where did you ever find an ECM from a 1982 Crossfire equipped
> >car?
> >Shannen
>
> Believe it or not, an electronics swap meet, It had been ratted though, most
> of the parts were missing, I didn't buy it (no use really)!!.

Great doorstop, paper weight, candidate for a museum of antiquities.
: ) I'm finding out that CFI still carries a bad reputation, 17 years
after it was introduced.  Customers are willing to wait for weeks for
appointments to look at CFI Vettes because no other shop will touch
them.  "Oh... that's crossfire.  We don't do that..."  Funny thing is
that the same shops will work on LT1 cars.  Wonder if they see the
irony that I see.

> So would this be from an 82 Vette?, I thought the F-body's first year from
> Cross-Fire was 83?.
Both models were available with cfi in 82.  If ya had the BCC....
Shannen