OBDII finally in OZ?

Ross Myers ponty at axis.jeack.com.au
Sun Jun 27 00:48:33 GMT 1999

> I too have been looking for these messages but for some strange reason
>have not been able to capture them which seems odd. Gives me the
>impression there maybe a second data line between the BMC and PCM that
>is not wired to the DLC.

On the DLC - (Looking into DLC, pin 1 top left, pin 9 bottom left)

Pin 1 - Secondary UART - SRS
Pin 5 - Signal Earth
Pin 6 - PCM Diag Test Enable
Pin 8 - Serial Data - BCM
Pin 9 - Primary Uart - ABS,BCM,PCM
Pin 12 - ABS Diag Test Enable
Pin 13 - SRS Diag Test Enable
Pin 16 - Batt +V

>      Ross do you know the location of the VATS in the VT calabrations?

No, but I don't think it's as simple as turning the Bit off (like the TPI
ROMS).
Working on it though......

>        Yes you are right about the memcal size, its the smaller type as
>used in the VS eco. Does this mean that none of GM vehicles use OBDII in
>Australia?

Thats right, non OBD-II, however I'd be interested to see what the new LS1
powered VT uses, (Guys in the U.S) - was the LS1 ever used in a Non OBD-II
application?.
Got an EPROM Programmer Richard, I'd love to see the contents of a VT.

There is a few cars out here that are OBD-II -
The Taurus, the Chrysler Jeep range.

Regards
Ross  Myers