The quest for more speed....

Scot Sealander Sealand at clarityconnect.com
Sun Jun 27 02:54:04 GMT 1999

Shannen Durphey wrote:

> Ross M's question about the old ECM got me thinking...
> It seems like a faster ecm will make for a better running engine.

Probably not a good assumption.....  An 8 bit controller running at 1 Mhz
busspeed can do the job.  Witness the C3's.  There may be some
improvement at
over 4800 RPM or so with a faster ECM.  But the question is really quite
broad.  What do you mean by better running?

> Is there any way to "boost" ecm speed?

GM did this for you.  Got a C3?  Move to a P4.  Got a P4?  Move to a P6.

But most don't really calculate the fuel or timing any "faster" than the
previous
generation did.  The faster ECM's were needed because of more overhead.

Scot Sealander    Sealand at clarityconnect.com