7730 addressing question

dhardin at ovec.com dhardin at ovec.com
Tue Jun 29 20:08:31 GMT 1999

I am working on the 88 Z24 2.8 V6.  Basically the same engine as yours.
The chip is ARDC.  I am mainly interested in changing the spark curves
because the engine needs to be rebuilt (over 188K) and I am not going back
stock nor do I want to run an EGR valve.  I don't run EGR now. I disabled
it a long time ago without an error code, but now I know how to disable it
form the chip.  Anyway I'm going to put flattop pistons in it to get the
compression up and I know it will want to ping some so I will need to
change the SA table.  I want to shoot for about 10.5:1 CR.       doug