Techline CD

Mike Wesley mwesley at mediaone.net
Wed Jun 30 03:19:11 GMT 1999

Anyone ever hack through a Techline CD?
I found lots and lots of ECU dumps (to April 1999) but the number they
are saved under doesn't make sense.
Here are a few examples:

16242705    ¦    57344¦ 4-30-99¦11:41a
16242708    ¦    57344¦ 4-30-99¦11:41a
16236048    ¦    32768¦ 4-30-99¦11:41a
16236212    ¦    57344¦ 4-30-99¦11:41a
09352430    ¦    90112¦ 4-30-99¦11:22a
09352347    ¦   524288¦ 4-30-99¦11:22a
09352408    ¦    90112¦ 4-30-99¦11:22a
09352149    ¦   262144¦ 4-30-99¦11:22a
09352150    ¦   262144¦ 4-30-99¦11:22a
09352140    ¦   262144¦ 4-30-99¦11:21a

There are a couple thousand of them.
I've been able to hack my way into some of the applications on the CD
and bypass some of the hardware lock stuff, but I'm not sure how to
decode it all.

The ECU I am working with is a 16245938 which I believe to be a generic
part # as when I got this one, they said "same one goes in Camaro,
Corvette, Truck...U need to take it to your dealer and have it flashed"
It's a re-man ECU.

As for the hardware, seems 332 based but doesn't follow any of the
'standard' pinouts of say a 68336 or a 68376 (160 pin QFP). CPU has
16246295 on it. I'm half done writting a '332 disassembler, but if there
are any others freely available...I'd rather use that and spend my time
working on the ECU and not writing tools.

Mike...