7730 ARDC, AZTY, and other V6's

dhardin at ovec.com dhardin at ovec.com
Wed Jun 30 15:42:01 GMT 1999

I'm still working on it.  I definitely found the SA table.  That was easy,
but to actually verify it was hard because I had to make sure what the code
was doing and then verify that the code was calling that table.   The AZTY
bin I disassembled and it looked much the same as my ARDC but with minor
changes.  The code in the AZTY is slightly longer.  But from what I've got
and from what you all have done with the AZTY we should about have it all.
By the way the 727 hack on the ECMGUY page was very helpful.  The ARDC was
arranged differently, but it was byte for byte in places which made it
easy.  Some sections were obvious.  This lead me to what addresses where
what variables in my chip.  Also I looked at the I/O addresses and assumed
they would be the same and found those in my chip and look at what
addresses they were stored to.  It seems the more I get dissassembled the
easier it becomes like a puzzle.   I did find the min. temp for the EGR.  I
will set this to $FF.  That is the best way to disable it, because it
causes the calculations to work correctly.  Right now I just blocked the
EGR tube  and the computer was happy (no light).  The address in mine was
$8E8B = 66c = 154F,  if I am right.....  I am surprised that not many
people realize what a performance and gas milage killer the EGR is.  There
is no benefit of it that I can tell.
     OK I just looked at the AZTY.  Look at address $4494 and following
(which is actually $C494).  It looks like the coolant is address $4D (in
mine its $4B) and that is compared to $8EEF.  That should be the min EGR
temp.  Also AZTY is the same on the EGR bit which is $2B,#10.  I think that
is the EGR on/off.  Look at this and see if I am right.  All or some of
this could be wrong.  hehehe...............Anyway all of my notes are hand
written on the printout.  maybe I could copy them later on and then scan or
mail them to you all somehow....if I can be of help let me