3d table display program? / PROM relabeling?!

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Wed Jun 30 17:25:55 GMT 1999

I have in my hands a brand new PROM, straight from the GM warehouse,
part number 16209008 (BMCB).  I immediately noticed that there was
a second label covering the window on the EPROM.  I carefully peeled
the BMCB label off to reveal another label that has been magic markered
over.  Upon closer inspection, I realized there was ANOTHER label
under that one... so I peeled off the one that had been blacked out to
reveal the following label:

7196
1614
4895

So, can anyone ID broadcast code 7196 or part number 16144895?
The part number, assuming GM uses sequential part numbers for PROMS,
is old - like 1991 type old.  BMCB was developed several years later.
I read in the chip, and the contents are identical to the BMCB
(I was hoping that someone had accidently put a development rom
into distribution!).

On a different note, ECM guy's web page mentions a Windows based program
that graphically displays tables in 3d form.  Does anyone know the name
or whereabouts of that product?

Thank you,

   Marc

--