MEMCAL failure

Tedscj at aol.com Tedscj at aol.com
Fri Mar 5 23:15:39 GMT 1999

In a message dated 3/5/99 5:52:17 PM Eastern Standard Time, nacelp at bright.net
writes:

> I never said the quad four was a 128,,,,,,,,,,
>  Someone jumped the gun on that
>  I said I've never gotten a 128 to run inna 730
>  Bruce
>

>  >Ted,
>  >In the 7749 ECM, the Quad-4 was the only app
>  >that *did* use the 256.  Tell bruce to look again.. 8-)
>  >He has a couple AMDD-8389  Q-4 memcals over there...
>  >Actually I'm more concerned about the knock filtering.
>  >It was a 4 banger with AL heads.  Wonder if the acoustics
>  >would be anywhere close...
>  >Mike V
>  >
>  >>  That is a 27c128, and according to Bruce, they won't work in 7730s.
>  I've
>  >> been
>  >>  using the 27c256 that came with my 7730 and have been loading the .bin
>  in
>  >> the
>  >>  second half of the EPROM, leaving the first half blank.
>  >>
>  >

Sorry,
Bruce never said a Quad4 memcal wouldn't work.  He said a 27c128 wouldn't (or
hasn't yet?) work.  I made the mistake of assuming the quad4 used a 27c128.

Anyway, now I think my second memcal has failed.  Now I'm getting "programmin
error" when I try to program it.  The damn thing wasn't erasing either.  I'd
put it in the UV eraser for 30 mins. and there would still be a few locations
not erasing, then I put it in for ANOTHER 30 mins. and it STILL wasn't
completely erased and then after ANOTHER 30, the programmer said it was erased
but wouldn't program it.
Looks like I'm goin to have to make a trip to the junkyard and grab a handfull
of these things.
Ted