Update on Camaro project.

Tom Hussey thussey at idirect.com
Sat Mar 13 16:55:56 GMT 1999

Hi,

Well I mangaed to find a '97 firebird that is no more in a wreckers. The
ECM cost me $125 Canadian (yup they saw me comming) but at least I have
one to hack now. So far I have disassembled the case and had a good look
at the circuit board, and identified some of the components. The drivers
are NOT the ones I figured they were when I disassembled the code. From
the form factor and some info I have, the drivers are ODM (see the
delphaiauto.com page). PWM outputs are from SIDM modules. As I expected
the CPUs are MC68HC11F1. These are done special for GM to contain
pre-programmed flash and support the 12.5829MHZ clock speed. The house
number on these is 16202476. Three of the A/D MUX parts are used (house
number 45153). These are packaged in a 16pin soic. I aslo confirmed the
use of MC68HC58 data link controller for J1850. This part goes by house
number 20686 it is in a 28pin qfp.

That is about it for the moment. Anybody know anything about the spark
timing chip 16195392 or the two symbios chips...195053 and 44436. Any
assist even on identification of func would be great.

Cheers,
Tom H