supercharged 3800 cal

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Sun Mar 14 20:55:32 GMT 1999

> Will nitromethane run in a NA 3800????

Yep.

Ran a FWD 3.8L engine mechanically "as-is" on Nitromethane,
though we changed all the seals, fuel pump, and used the
electromotive Tec-II system, but its doable.  The block
didn't hold together however.  Not sure if it failed due to
the fuel or because of the RPM.  We didn't balance it... we
just grenaded it :)

For a street engine, it would be better to use Nitromethane
as a supplemental fuel, rather than a primary fuel.  Its
very expensive and quite nasty to play with.  Nitrious Oxide
would be a much lesser evil and give you great power and
control if installed appropriately.  And yes, we ran N02 on
a N/A FWD 3.8L engine too... that worked really well.  Run a
supplimental fuel pump and install the 250 HP kit and run
the second fuel pump to the Y tap that comes with the
nitrious kit.  Works very well, and we dyno'd close to 600
HP before the secondary fuel pump shorted out and the motor
ran lean, and turned the pistons into swiss cheese.  We were
playing, so we didn't run any of the usual "low fuel
pressure" cut-offs that one should always install, test or
not.

Oh well.  This is what happens when you have four motors you
got real cheap, and three guys who like to blow up stuff.

--
Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

http://www.xephic.dynip.com
1993 Superchaged Lincoln Continental
1989 500cid Turbocharged HWMMV
1975 Dodge D200 Club Cab (soon to be twin turbo 440)
2000 Buick GTP (twin turbo V6)