peak-n-holds

jsg at donet.com jsg at donet.com
Thu Mar 18 21:00:49 GMT 1999

   In message <E299274A3F18D211B9E700600805A01D0100BFB8 at crash>, you write:

| Has anyone ever taken fuel delivery measurement differences
| between peak-n-hold and saturated drivers, for the same
| injector at the same PW and fuel pressure?

Same injector? If you have a low impedance injector, you don't want to
use a saturation driver. You can detect an electrical insulation
burning smell with full power on for as little as a second. If you have a
high impedance injector, it is designed for full voltage (or full
current). So... if you have low-z injectors, you need pnh drivers... if
you have high-z injectors, I don't see a need for not using a
saturation driver nor a performance difference if one is used.

| My thinking is that the P-n-H drivers may open the injector
| a little quicker, therefore delivering slightly more fuel
| for a given PW.

Using a high-z injector with a higher source voltage (like 30-40V)
to give an initial current greater than 12V/Z_{injector}
may make a difference, but that would require a setup power
supply. Is that what you want to try?

john