PCBoards for Projects...

Andrew K. Mattei amattei at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 20 00:17:57 GMT 1999

Well, I am still optimistic about having *some* sort of emulator, in-car
programmable device, or gizmo as such... ;^)

I was browsing around the web today, and found http://www.expresspcb.com
- where they let you download the software, and will take your created
file and make you a PCB. The cost for 2 custom boards is roughly $50
each. However, at 10 boards, they're under $20 each. The catch? The
software is *really* simple. I can't find an autorouting routine, so you
need to plan the routes yourself. No silkscreening. However, it is a
2-sided PCB with finished vias.

Seems like a reasonably logical approach to getting a design in physical
form. I'd be willing to give layout a try if someone would like to
share... ;) Otherwise, I might go ahead and build a "monster" board -
consisting of an EPROM reader/programmer, the MAX232 ALDL circuit, the
dual-bank ECM memory using flash, and maybe another circuit I have in
mind... ;)

Just an idea...

-Andrew