Tuning for SC on 165 5.7L (long)

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Sat Mar 20 09:46:35 GMT 1999

Dave Z wrote:
> but the 16k is FULL, and I'm sure
> its not as simple as re-scaling the original 12 columns.. I'll
> probably mess something else up. has anyone dealt with the 208
> thing or the problem of a FULLLY OCCUPIED 16k space?

You could replace the 27C128 in your MEMCAL with a 27C256.  Program the
"original" image into the upper half, put your patches into the lower
half.  I just checked - the '165 does connect the MPU's A14 to the
correct pin of the MEMCAL, so it can access 32KBytes.

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> Silly thought here, try tunning the 749 code in your 165......

I suspect that it won't work.  I've found at least one show stopping
difference: the ALDL direction control signal is hooked to different
places in the '165 vs. '727/'730/'749.