Programming 101

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Mar 21 00:44:05 GMT 1999

ATTENTION:

In an effort to relay as much material as possible to ya'all.  I may have
done too much.  On the last posting I mentioned the Stoi. set point, where
it is.   You don't want to mess with that unless to match a new/different
sensor that you might be using, or depending on the gas available.  Like
maybe in brazil where it's high alky content you might need to set it at
13.8.....   Changing it to 14.6 and using the original sensor, USA fuel will
just have the ecm playing catch up, on "toggling" the injectors.   If you
remember from earlier posting the ecm cycles rich and lean for the cat.  The
average of this action, is what your fuel mileage depends on,moving the
center of the "cycling" point will have little to no affect on this.
  Remember, just because you have some of the tables, doesn't mean you know
exactly what the ecm is thinking.  The interaction of all of this can't be
appreciated till ya see all the finer points...   Again, if your applying
this info to a running vehicle
instant damage can occur if you don't understand all the finer points..
  Also, this is for educational purposes, and the understanding of how
engine management "works".
  Bruce