Peak-n-hold failure!

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Tue Mar 23 05:10:17 GMT 1999

Mike, have the Digikey catalog here. You don't really want
straight/regular zeners. Transient Voltage Suppressors (TVS)
are the key. The  General Semiconductor 600W (pulse), uni-
directional are 40 cents each, 10 for $3.60.

Part number: P6KE33AGICT (double check that, it's small
print in the cat). Don't know if it helps, but it's on
page 233 of the jan-mar '99 issue.

Diodes, Inc. are also carried, but the price is 70 cents
a piece...

For an all out assault on spikes, there are the 1500W
(pulse) TVS's: 1.5KE33AGICT @ 72 cents each, 10/$6.48

What makes these different from regular zeners is the
die construction. The die is larger, with more area
to bild heat in. This allows the device to absorb huge
spikes, while dissipating the heat during the non-spike
period.

BobR.