Baro check(was BJYM) & PS Ludis

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Thu Mar 25 14:44:59 GMT 1999

<snip>
> What always threw me off was that I thought there
> was a huge baro correction, but that might not be the case.  So 0'ing the
> baro corrections, and disabling the malfunction flag, might "work"?..
>   The "worst" I'd see would be disabling everything related to baro, and
> maybe
> opening up the BL/INT to dial in the calibration.  Of course this is in
> reference to an off highway none emission application.
> Bruce

In my factory 7727 2bar map application, BARO is read exactly ONCE
from the map sensor after the checksum and stored for use. Seems
that if you didn't live in mountainous terrain that you could alter
the code to HARDCODE a BARO reading insted. .. wait, you're off
highway so how far up a mountain could you be traveling? ;-) hardcode
it!

Its interesting to note here that in my 7727 app, if you DO live in
mountainous terrrain, your BARO correction will be set at KEY ON
time, and never re-set until you start the car again. if you're going
up a BIIG mountain, you're over rich at the top, right? until the BLM
corrects I guess. My point is that they re-use the MAP to get a BARO
reading and therefore cannot ever re-check baro cause theres a
running car attatched to the map. I wonder if this is common?

PS.. the 32k prom trick in the 165 ecm worked just like was suggested
(thx Ludis!) .. burned the 32k with thge 16k program starting at 4000
(C000 really) and left the unused 16k area blank. worked fine.
Dave Z  87GN 12.74 @ 105, 1.84 60' 110 oct,22#
        89 Turbocharged Grand Prix (7727)
        http://www.delanet.com/~tgp