Hello!

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Sat Mar 27 15:17:54 GMT 1999

> Yes... Used from '86 to '89 (I have one for my '89 TPI).

Okay ;)

> Curious... The 165 is a MAF based ECM. Yet, you'll be using big cubes.
> Would it not be better to use a 730 ECM and start with the 90-92 TPI MAP
> tuning? If you're really planning on pumping air, you'll likely max out
> a '86-'89 MAF sensor pretty quickly...

For my engine, 431 stroked cubes and 10lbs boost max, I was
hoping it was okay.  I still don't "get" which is better,
MAP or MAF for my boosted application.  Its going to start
off N/A until its tuned and running right, then upgraded to
turbocharging.  Actually, its because I need the truck so
I'm going to stage things to make tuning and troubleshooting
easier.

I'm still struggling with the MAF/MAP decision.

--
Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

http://www.xephic.dynip.com
1993 Superchaged Lincoln Continental
1989 500cid Turbocharged HWMMV
1975 Dodge D200 Club Cab (soon to be twin turbo 440)
2000 Buick GTP (twin turbo V6)