MAP / MAF / Grain of Salt...

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Sat Mar 27 22:15:45 GMT 1999

>By that calculation and given the manual states the '97 MAF range of
>0 - 655 gm/S thats 873HP...well I can dream can't I. ;-)
>Seriously, I will look at the table inside to see what range is
>supported. I understand that the ecm tries to make sense of the
>throttle, RPM and maf input. Should be interesting to see how it all
>works.
>-Tom

Well--what pressure drop was it rated 655 gm/sec at?? At .707 times 655
(463 gm/sec,) it would have only 50% of the rated pressure drop, etc. Mebbe
they actually did not want the thing choking off the engine too badly!!
But--you will lose dynamic range (sensitivity at low/idle air flows) if too
much of this game is played. Such is the trouble with MAF.

Greg