MAP / MAF / Grain of Salt...

Mark Romans romans at pacbell.net
Tue Mar 30 05:31:33 GMT 1999

It flowed 589 cfm at 11" of vacuum on a superflow 600.  The superflow 600
only flows 600 cfm that's why it would only make 11" of vacuum.  They
provide a chart to tell you what % to multiply by to get the flow at "X"
inches of vacuum.  TPIS's second book has a dyno run where they measure the
cfm of the engine during the run and it only took about 600 cfm to make 400
hp.  I don't think the maf is really a restriction at below 450 hp.  You can
make it measure the air up to peak torque, and from there play with the fuel
vs rpm by watching the 02 sensor and tune it fine.
Mark