WAS MAF History, now why not 749

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Wed Mar 31 15:00:44 GMT 1999

Hi Andy,
When Richard Tomlinson wrote PromGrammer, his focus
(and test vehicle) was a 6 cyl Syclone turbo.  If you use a
hex editor to change the byte, it will then display as 8 cyl
in the program.    True, you cannot edit that byte from within
PromGrammer.  Using a hex editor, change the "C0" at location
0x00009 to "00" for eight cylinder.
As for 1 bar vs 2 bar,  I forget the actual value.  Refer to the 749 Docs
for that.  Per promgrammer, the location and name info are:
     0x0334      KAFOPT3_5       2 ATM MAP Option
~~~~~ end snip ~~~~
The Syclone & Sunbird Turbo chips will have the same value there.
If you are afraid to be a "pioneer" on this, someone else will prolly
do something similar in the near future.  You can bet the fuel related
tables will need significant work after changing the MAP option byte
from 2 to 1 BAR.
HTH-  MV