disassembly for dohc 3.4?

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Wed Mar 31 17:55:11 GMT 1999

Chris Houston wrote:

> Has anyone started disassembly of the ECM used on the 3.4L DOHC V6?
> I have a '96 Z34 and am getting ready to start work on this and want to
> make
> sure I'm not duplicating any effort.  Also, does anybody have any
> general
> info on this ECM (i.e. is it the same code as maybe a 3.1 or 3.8 with
> just
> different tables?).

Gee, interesting that someone would ask about that engine.  I just spent
many hours trying to find a problem with one.  A friend is engine
swapping a 96 motor using a 93 ECM and chip (last year for a
stickshift).  We are having a problem with the VSS.

91 through 93 is a batch fire system using a variation of the 1227727
ECM, perhaps sharing code with the 3.1.  94 and 95 are SFI using an ECM
similar to (or same as) the early '90's 3.8 SFI ECM.  96 has a flash
programmable OBDII ECM.  If you manage to dump the flash of your '96 I'd
be interested in a copy.