730 MEMCAL listings

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Tue May 4 15:32:34 GMT 1999

jsg at donet.com wrote:

> Now that I have a 730 ecm, I'm working on swapping it for my 165. I
> hope someone with a GM parts number list can give me a hand making sure
> I order an appropriate MEMCAL. (I had a little trouble the last time I did
> this, and would like to be able to double check the numbers)
>
> For say a 92 TPI Camaro/Firebird, 305L, LB9, 5-speed manual,
> Fed emission, no VATS, close to a 3.5 rear end.
>
> If someone could give me a few part numbers with rear end ratios close
> to this, I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks,
> john
I have no info about VATS.  If it's in a factory car, these part nos
will have it enabled.
I show three part nos. as current for that year, and none show gear
ratios.
16163138 for 5spd, Fed, w/AC
16163070 same application, w/ 245/50/ZR16 tires.
16163066 same application, w/ 235/55R16, w/ 215/60R16 tires.

Maybe a trip to the F-body page can help you connect tire options and
gear ratios.
HTH
Shannen