Accel DFI or Street & Performance or Arizona Speed & Marine.

Squash realsquash at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 14:55:49 GMT 1999

You are in the same boat as myself.  Here is what i
have learned:

ASM uses a 7730 GM computer and its own design of
intake.  This is the most expensive of the options i
have found (~$4000)

Street & Performance also uses the 7730 GM computer.
This is a good option (~$2900), but in talking to
them, they didn't sound like expert chip tuners (they
better be for $2900!!!).

Accel is a very good option (one system is $2700 and
the other ~$3200).  These use the DFI computer and all
GM sensors.

Don't forget the single-plane port-injection setups,
either.  They also give very good power and they are
cheaper to buy!  For ~$2400 you can get an accel
"Pro-Ram", which uses the DFI ECM.  Go to
www.mrgasket.com and download the Accel catalog for
more info.

Or if you are a tinkerer, get ahold of Frederic
Breitwiser (spelling!!!???).  He is on this list and
he has made his own single-plane port-injection
manifold.

I just ordered the superram and i plan to convert it
to use a 7730 GM computer after initial tuning with
the DFI.

Andy
p.s. I have a 454 in a 77 GMC truck