Misc Electronics

Bartz, Jamison Jamison.Bartz at COMPAQ.com
Tue May 11 16:22:10 GMT 1999

I would like to see lots of info about the ecm bench.  I am new to the list
and actually would like to absorb as much ALDL info as I can.  I am a BIOS
Engineer at Compaq Computer Corporation and would like to help in any way I
can.

Jamison Bartz
BIOS Development Engineer
Compaq Computer Corporation
Houston, TX 77070
Phone: 281-518-3372
E-Mail: jamison.bartz at compaq.com <mailto:jamison.bartz at compaq.com>

		-----Original Message-----
		From:	Bruce Plecan [mailto:nacelp at bright.net]
		Sent:	Tuesday, May 11, 1999 9:39 AM
		To:	gmecm at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu;
diy_efi at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu
		Subject:	Misc Electronics

		How, or is there a safe way to "open" the guts of an EPROM,
that is so that
		a ribbon cable can be soldiered to it, for using a remote
prom/emulator.

		After a 3 month wait, I got a Radio Shack, PC/laptop 2
Oscilloscope probe
		(They had run out at the master distribution center).
		For the EEs probably it has little to offer but, least for
me, I got to see
		what the ALDL looks like..
		   One big feature is that you can pick what colors contrast
best for you.
		So us ol timers can see what going on.
		   On a side note, is there enough interest for me to put
together some
		notes on an ecm bench?.  I got some digitial photos, to go
along with it,
		just don't want to clutter the DIY stuff if not many are
interested.
		Bruce