ID'ing GM ECU

Bill Shaw bshaw at connix.com
Thu May 13 16:17:28 GMT 1999

Hi guys,

I have a GM ECU (I think it's from a Camaro) Service # 09354896 CKYA and
HDW# 16220610.  Can someone please verfiy it's origin? What are these 2
numbers representing?  I would expect the HDW# to identify the hardware,
is the service number identifying a specific application of a more
'generic' hardware implementation?

The processor (68 pin PLCC) has the following designations:

	185
      16245295
       1H42C
     Y0EVM97328

Is this an hc11?  The crystal is marked D8982  9719. The 9719 looks like a
date code. Can anyone tell from the other number what it's frequency is?

It's using an Intel 28F4008X flash chip.

Does GM usually use HC11s in their newer products?  What frequencies are
the other GM ECUs running at?

Thanks in advance,

bs