Tranny swap

Bartz, Jamison Jamison.Bartz at COMPAQ.com
Fri May 14 20:13:45 GMT 1999

I'm new to this group and have a question.  I've got a '90 Olds Cutlass
Supreme with an Automatic tranny.  The tranny is on its last leg and is
needing to be replaced.  I was wondering whether or not there is any changes
that need to be made to the ECM if I put in a manual tranny.  Looking at the
schematics for the car, I only see one connection that is dependant on the
type of transmission.  If changes need to be made, are they easily done and
how much am I looking at in cost?

Thanks in advance,
Jamie