BCC 3067 axxc / disassembly/ Tranny Swap

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri May 14 20:50:59 GMT 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Eric Aos <EOA at spartek.com>
To: <gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Sent: Friday, May 14, 1999 4:39 PM
Subject: RE: BCC 3067 axxc / disassembly

In a word yes.
There are many small differences.  Many to do with overrun conditions from
what I've seen.  The Manual tranny keeps the engine more loaded, in overrun,
whereas the auto is "more freewheeling" in nature.
  Then there is the timing fuel, below the stall region of the converter
which "can" be different.
  The are so many different bins, that you can't make broad sweeping
statements,  there are option flages in most bins for tranny type, from what
I've seen.
   If you start with something close to what you working on, you'd be fine.
If, for a first shot you want to run an auto, on manual code, your asking
for needless grief.

  This is right hand in hand with the other post about switching trannies.
Just switch to the corresponding memcal, and reconnect the wires properly.
Your not saving anything by being, clever, IMHO
Bruce.