Injector Firing Voltage

JTesta1966 at aol.com JTesta1966 at aol.com
Sat May 15 21:07:08 GMT 1999

In a message dated 5/15/99 4:13:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
nacelp at bright.net writes:

<< So this flyback/kickback, is a very large issue.
 This would seem to imply to me, that the stock ecm doesn't clip the voltage
 by reverse biasing a diode, to contol it, but rather use a scheme, where
 they deal with it.  Maybe clipping these signals has a adverse affect on the
 injectors opening/closing.. >>

You know, theres a issure of a trade magazine where I saw them use a cap
across the injector, to cuew a rich running problem. It was a TBI Chevi 1500
w/350 A/T, wonder if it was to combat this "spike" voltage which might have
made the injectors bounce.

Ideas?

Jim