Newbie: Fiero ECM questions

Rich Vandervoort richvandervoort at hotmail.com
Tue May 18 19:47:57 GMT 1999

             My wallet doesn't ;-)))). I know there are a lot of upgrades
for the Fiero.
             Power isn't the most important for me. Much more important are
brakes and
             handling. The things I do not like about the Fiero Handling is
the excessive
             nose-dive while braking and the instability of the rear when
slaloming. I do
             have a rear sway bar and it does help a lot, but I am used to
better
             handling (my mothers BMW M3 for instance). As far as brakes, I
like to brake
             really late. Of course with better brakes I will be braking
later, but it is
             also for safety. I do not know If anyone of you have ever
driven on dutch
             roads, but you will know braking is very important overhere.

snip

Try using the front calipers off an Opel Vectra (Teves)they work much
better than the X-car derived calipers on the Fiero. They are steel
instead of Steel/Aluminum so your unsprung weight goes up slightly(bad).
They are a seperated function caliper so the sliding
element doesn't carry the braking force.  The Fiero calipers are not
seperated function.  Make sure the calipers you get have the same
piston bore diameter as the ones you take off.  These calipers should
be bolt on replacments for the originals.

Rich