VE tables

Ken Kelly kenkelly at lucent.com
Wed May 19 13:27:20 GMT 1999

When this thread started I was going to reply exactly as
stated below. This is certainly the theoretical answer. Last
night I even spent 2 hours adding the 4 VE vs load vs RPM
tables  to my LT1 editor.

	During my two hours of thought on implementing the tables I
began to question the logic of this answer. VE is certainly
the % Volumetric efficiency, and we would need to change it
for items like Cam changes or porting that would effect the
VE. The problem I have is that we also have a MAF on these
engines. We therefore have two independent measures of Air
Flow. Which one does What?? In a Speed Density or MAP based
system VE would be the only answer, but in a MAF system how
are these two independent figures used?

		Ken