VE tables

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu May 20 01:29:13 GMT 1999

> When this thread started I was going to reply exactly as
> stated below. This is certainly the theoretical answer. Last
> night I even spent 2 hours adding the 4 VE vs load vs RPM
> tables  to my LT1 editor.
> During my two hours of thought on implementing the tables I
> began to question the logic of this answer. VE is certainly
> the % Volumetric efficiency, and we would need to change it
> for items like Cam changes or porting that would effect the
> VE. The problem I have is that we also have a MAF on these
> engines. We therefore have two independent measures of Air
> Flow. Which one does What?? In a Speed Density or MAP based
> system VE would be the only answer, but in a MAF system how
> are these two independent figures used?
> Ken

Independent?.   I don't know if I'd say that.  They both are differnent way
of calculating the same thing, appropriate fueling.  On some applications
some of the scan tools, display MAP+MAF numbers for a application that only
runs one, of them.  I forget the application off hand, but was some of the
1227730 applications.
Grumpy