FC 45

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Thu May 20 13:48:22 GMT 1999

> Started out with code 44 and 45.  Started by changing O2 sensor and was
> to a bosch unit.  code 44 went away but 45 comes back.

Matt,
Trash that Bosch O2 sensor...
The Bosch O2 sensors isolate the grounded side of the sensing element from
the shell... AC grounds the low side to the shell... The computer needs the
ground.  Fought this on my 95 lesabre for a week... goes pig rich due to the
floating ground.
A quick test is get the wiring diagram and take the low (grounded) side of
the O2 sensor element and run a wire to the block.
Guarantee the problem will disappear.  Bosch responded to me that they knew
it was a problem, but they weren't going to change manufacturing.