Probe notes, and ecm functions ref Injectors (1227747)

Mike Pitts mpitts at emi.net
Fri May 21 01:26:27 GMT 1999

>>Sudden MAP changes like the above added accleration enrichment pulses.
>>Faster yet changes seemed to add even more pulses.
>>The addition pulses quickly decayed.

I believe this is called Delta MAP

>>TPS when slowlyyyyyyy increased, made no change in anything.
>>Quicker changes, *added* addition pulses for accleration enrichment!.
>>Fast changes seemed to add even more pulses.
>>The accleration enrichment quickly decayed.

I believe this is called Delta TPS.

I think Delta MAP and Delta TPS are known as "transients".

>>On the 747's the accleration enrichment is an addition injector pulse
>>strategy, not a injector pulse lenghting duration strategy.

I think these are known as asyncronous pulses.

Now try a going from a high vacuum/high RPM/high TPS to a
sudden low RPM and low TPS (still high vacuum).  This should
stimulate the decel eleanment and maybe the decel fuel cutoff.

-Mike