PROM holder for programmer/reader for GM PROM

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Fri May 21 02:31:27 GMT 1999

On Thu, 20 May 1999, Bruce Plecan wrote:

> What we do here at CSH, HQ, is use a Digi-key {(800) 344-4539}
> part no   AHW60G-ND
> It's large enough to cut in half, and then trim to hold the "prom end"
> of the memcal in a ZIF for the burner
> Bashful
>

> > Sorry if this is part of a FAQ or is common knowledge but I haven't been
> > able to find it on any of the web sites. I am looking for several PROM
> > holders to hold the GM PROM's in order to read them on a chip
> > programmer/reader without having to remove the actual chip from the PROM
> > case (sort of a 28 pin to 66 pin adapter). My home made ones are getting
> > old and I don't feel like having to make them myself this time (I just
> want
> > to buy them already made).
> > Anyone know where I can get something like this?
> > Jason

I do the same thing as bruce.  It takes about 5 minutes to make the
connector he referenced into a working part with a dremel.  It works
pretty good. Do you mean jason that even the "big boys" (the company
you work for) do it more or less the same way we do?   I cannot even
find 66 pin headers, so GM must be having the things custom made.

			Roger
			93 Z28