94 Truck dilemma

Ward wspoonemore at excite.com
Tue May 25 15:24:04 GMT 1999

It would be usefull to know some of the actual values , such as MAP, it
should be 35-40 kpa with about a 5 kpa increase going from park to drive.

How did you establish the degree of rich ? ST/LT values ?
The LT (BLM) may be off by a considerable amount and still be near stoch.
Its the ST, (intigrator) value that you should be concerned about, It should
be with in +/- 2 units to be +/- 0.2 AFR ratio points.

The start up drill is very different for a cold start vs a warm re-start.
the cold start closed loop delay timer is set to 120 seconds, and the warm
re-start Cl timer is set to 30 seconds.

If the 10 sec's is the break point for problems, is not due to closed loop
control and the ST/LT info is of no use.

Also which engine ? there are 4 engines ?

Ward