Now what?

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Tue May 25 21:20:27 GMT 1999

On Tue, 25 May 1999, Bruce Plecan wrote:

> Which brings me right back to how to I read the code to see where the ALDL
> starts??.
>   What two pieces of hardware are you taking about?. the output to the "LorM
> pin of the ALDL connector?"
> Bruce

On the 68hc11 that mine used it was something called the SPI (serial
perf interconnect), but I seem to remember on the older vehicles it
may have been done with a memory location that connected to some
external hardware (the SPI before GM got motorola to build one into a
68hcll).    I don't know the easiest way to do this if it is rigged
this way.   On mine I knew what address the SPI (and the other thing
that could be running the ALDL Port), so it was just a matter of
figuring out what the code running it did.

			Roger