Now what?

Mike Pitts mpitts at netspeak.com
Wed May 26 14:13:49 GMT 1999

<<.how do you figure OUT that ones a ram addy, ones a ROM addy? Is it the
address/value that hints it? or is it the range of addresses that you KNOW
by
having experience?>>

RAM usually starts at address $0000.  The ROM start address
can be found in different ways, depending on the ECM type.

<<If you know how a scan tool works? You mean as in authoring turbolink kind
of
know? Like spectrum analyser? or the actual programming part?>>

I should've written, "if you know the ALDL format".  Which
is what the scan tool expects to receive.

<<Where can a dimwit like me find this info? And would it apply to
broadening my horizons to different cars?>>

>From the nice people on this list.

<<I'll go back and just read awhile ;-P>>

You should read any Motorola MCU manual you can get your hands
on.  The HC11 is my favorite.

-Mike