Aargh. (was Re: Now what?)

Bartz, Jamison Jamison.Bartz at COMPAQ.com
Wed May 26 18:41:30 GMT 1999

I think that I am on the other end of the spectrum.  I have a good
knowledge of Microcontroller and Assembly, but I don't have the
knowledge of how to make it all useful.  I would like to help anyone
with programming stuff, but I don't know where to get the good data
from.  I am just now figuring out to decode and read the 160 baud ALDL
stream.  It isn't the electrical side of the problem that I am having, it
is the application of it.
In the same example as what Shannen wrote about, I am the one that knows
the technical manuals inside and out.  I could design and build a computer
accomplish anything you wanted it to.  I could have probably written the
manual.  The problem is, I don't know enough about the application and how
things are supposed to work together to accomplish something useful.
I know the basic overview of the system, but don't know the specifics
needed to apply what I know.
I took the 5-6 years to learn all about what you can put in those microns
of silicon.  I even know how to build one.  I now am working as a BIOS
Engineer for Compaq but have a very strong hardware background.  I would
like
to help anyone that wants to pick my brain.  Sorry to anyone that thinks I
am rambling on about nothing.  Shannen, if you would like me to try and
explain
something for you, let me know.  I just want to help where I can.

Jamison (Jamie) Bartz
BIOS Development Engineer
Compaq Computer Corporation