94 Truck dilemma

Programmer nwester at eidnet.org
Thu May 27 06:31:26 GMT 1999

Hey--did you check for any AC output from the alternator ?? Anything above
400mV AC can be interpreted by the ECM as an increase in RPM--and fuel is
pulsated to match. When you disconnected the alternator you may have
"discovered" the problem...but you didn't mention how long or if the problem
returned with the alt disconnected. Remember that a low voltage will trigger
an extended pulse width to try to get the engine to "trigger" the alternator
into an output situation by increasing the RPM.

Keep us posted...seems like you've checked everything else. You didn't
mention if the engine vacuum changed as the pulse width at the injectors
changed (geez--did the pulse width change ?). If the valve lifters get
pumped up, vacuum drops, map tells the ECM to richen up !!

Lyndon IPTECH