Intro to microcontrollers (long)

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Thu May 27 13:51:21 GMT 1999

On Thu, May 27, 1999 at 06:23:35AM -0700, TK wrote:
> So should I switch and say "concentrate on the program first and then the
> tables?"

Absolutely not!

By far, most people aren't going to care about how the program runs.
I've found it useful to understand the code, because it allowed me to
(1) verify the tables did what I thought they did, and
(2) in the cases when GM introduced new tables [on newer EPROM's],
the program code allowed me to locate some table entries that I wanted
to change, but couldn't pick out just by staring at the tables.

> I was just trying to help.
>
> Terry Kelley

As we all are,

   Marc  (not very rabid)