96 LT1 PCM Programmer

Ken Kelly kenkelly at lucent.com
Fri May 28 12:45:15 GMT 1999

Mike,
	Some good news. I do support some of the 96 tables in my
LT1 editor, and I am willing to add others if you locate
them. My real interest is in the 94-95 PCM, but in doing the
95 I found the 96 E side to be very similar and was able to
locate some of the tables.

	Some Bad news. I don't think real time changes will ever
work. The Flash chip used in the 95 PCM and on the E side of
the 96 is a first generalion Flash. To chnage any one Bit
you must first erase the entire chip, then reprogram it.
Reading the data out takes about 3 minutes. then erase, then
rewrite another 3 minutes. Definitely not real time, and
definitely not while the car is running.

		Ken